Luckily, the game has gone on sale well and is already considered one of the best of all 2021
Today is the big day that Halo Infinite, after a long time of waiting, has reached the market. Waiting time that, unfortunately, was lengthened when they delayed the title last year without giving a specific date, and finally it was delayed for a whole year. Luckily, although it has come with the odd shortcoming, it is a very fun game and it seems that the campaign has curdled quite well (and the multiplayer too, by the way).
That said, it must be said that development was not always smooth. Moreover, it is only necessary to see that they had to delay the game a whole year, although the initial release date was more due to pressure from Microsoft to get to the launch of Xbox Series X | S than to launch it as soon as possible. But I’m going to stop digging around and get to the point, talking about why Halo Infinite’s development didn’t always go well.
2019 was a disaster for Halo Infinite, according to Bloomberg
As you can see, it was Bloomberg colleagues who have shared an article (written by Jason Schreier) where they talk in depth about how the development of Halo Infinite for Microsoft was. But there is a specific extract that is especially interesting:
- It says that in 2019 development was very complicated ❗️
- So much so that the studio had to cut two-thirds of what they had planned for the full game ❌
- Still, Microsoft was pushing for 343 Industries to release the game in December 2020 ✅
- You already know the rest of the story, and it is that they decided to delay it in August 2020 ⏳
- I think that, even so, it was a success, because thanks to that a good game has come out ✅